Wednesday, August 5, 2009

PAULA HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!!

Paula posted on her Twitter page, "With sadness in my heart, I've decided not to return to Idol. I'll miss nurturing all the new talent, but most of all being a part of a show that I helped from day1 become an international phenomenon. What I want to say most, is how much I appreciate the undying support and enormous love that you have showered upon me. It truly has been breathtaking, especially over the past month." According to her publicist, Abdul's tweet is the official statement on the issue.

Fox’s statement - "While Paula will not be continuing with us, she's a tremendous talent and we wish her the best."

What’s next for Paula? Apparently she has tremendous ideas for a whole variety of shows.

VMA NODS ARE IN!

BRITNEY SPEARS, BEYONCE, EMINEM, LADY GAGA and KANYE WEST will all compete for the coveted Video of the Year trophy at this year's MTV Video Music Awards. Britney's "Womanizer," Beyonce's "Single Ladies," Eminem's "We Made You," Kanye's "Love Lockdown" and Gaga's "Poker Face" are the clips that have been nominated for the top award.

Britney won the Video of the Year trophy last year for "Piece of Me" -- Eminem's won it twice in the past. Beyonce has six VMAs to her name while Kanye has two, but neither of them have won Video of The Year.

Being a new artist, Lady Gaga has yet to win her first VMA. Beyonce and Lady Gaga are the leading nominees overall for this year's awards, with nine nods apiece. All of Beyonce's nods were for "Single Ladies," while Lady Gaga got hers for "Poker Face" and "Paparazzi." Britney is next with seven, while Kanye, Eminem and COLDPLAY each have four. GREEN DAY have three and JAY-Z has two.

September 13th on MuchMusic. (I know – not MTV??)

JESSICA’S NEW LOVE

Jessica Simpson has a new love in her life: lingerie. Jessica tells Women’s Wear Daily WHY she launched the new line - "My lingerie reflects the way I'm feeling when I wake up and helps me set the tone for my day." The line will include "feminine, sexy, regular and full-figured bras."

No comments: